Work
As a member of the cast of Copacabana I am asked to be at the high school at 5:00. At which point I receive a nice thick coating of greasy stage makeup. This stuff is not for the faint of heart. It feels like a mask is permanately sealed to your face. It requires lots of hot water, wash clothes, and makeup remover to peel the coating away. Then we dress in our black. It is really neat to see a music room filled with teenagers all in black. Very classy. The show starts at 7:30. We put on our smiles, and try to give the audience the best performance we can. After the show we are congratulated by family and friends. On the last night we strike the set and go to the cast party. The cast party is a lot of fun, I've been told. Normally I just fight sleepiness and in general get a little grouchy. I am not a night person. But, by the time it's over, it's morning so I generally feel much better by the end.
All in all. I'm glad tonight is the last performance of Copacabana. It is a little sad, but everything gets old.

2 Comments:
Amen Sistah!!!
GRRRRRRRRRRREAT JOB CASSIE
Post a Comment
<< Home